ReLondon are developing a circular economy neighbourhood demonstrator project- Heston in the Loop, in partnership with the London Borough of Hounslow in the neighbourhood of Heston Village. The first-of-its-kind project aims to create a circular, low waste neighbourhood. The project is on the look for established small and medium sized circular businesses seeking to strengthen and scale their pre-existing circular offering by bringing their activity to Heston Village and giving the community increased access to sustainable consumption choices and, as a result, help reduce waste production and increase recycling, reuse, repair and sharing.
ReLondon is a partnership of the Mayor of London and London’s boroughs to improve waste management in the capital and accelerate our transition to a low carbon circular city. ‘Heston in the Loop’ is a project in which multiple, assorted circular economy solutions will be introduced to a localised area that empowers local residents, schools and businesses to change their relationship with stuff.
By introducing these interventions the project aims to,
- Reduce waste and increase recycling rates, reducing carbon based consumption
- Increase awareness of circular economy
- Improved community cohesion, centered around circular principles that combat climate change
- Promote a green economic recovery from the impacts of the pandemic and current cost of living crisis
Small and medium-sized London-based circular businesses are invited to apply to become a partner and introduce their circular solution to the Heston Village area as part of the Heston in the Loop Project. If selected, you will be part of a pioneering and collaborative circular neighbourhood project, working closely with a local community to help them on their transition to a circular economy, while scaling your business.
The benefits of being a partner include:
- Benefit from joint promotional activity carried out by the team to encourage behaviour change within the community in the Heston Village
- Receive support from the project team at ReLondon and London Borough Hounslow to make your activities a success in the area
- Be able to publicly demonstrate the alignment of your circular solution with the aims of London Borough Hounslow and other London Boroughs
- Develop a relationship with the Local Authority Support Team at ReLondon who have ambitions to replicate this project in neighbourhoods across London in future
To be eligible for the program, you must be:
- Be a legally registered entity with a registered or trading address within a London borough
- Meet the criteria for a small and medium sized enterprise
- Provide a solution that falls under at least one of the 5 circular business models
- Deliver a circular economy intervention within Heston Village that will contribute to the project aims and ambitions
- Plan to start your activity between Apr-Jun 2023 and complete it by Dec 2023-Mar 2024
- Submit the partner application form below by Tuesday 28th February 202
Visit ReLondon to ensure you are invited to join the ReLondon business transformation community of circular SMEs where you’ll have priority access to our SME services including promotional opportunities, networking events, and connections with peers, partners and investors.
For more information about the project and to see if you fit the eligibility criteria and partnership requirements, refer to the partner guidance.