01 Mar Applications Closing Soon for The Greenhouse Climate Change Accelerator Programme
The Greenhouse is a 12-month innovation programme for climate positive startups that offers early-stage (“pre-seed”) entrepreneurs access to business coaching with experienced professionals, a range of masterclasses, free workspace at our new headquarters in central London, and equity-free grant funding. Applications are now open for Cohort 5 of The Greenhouse climate accelerator programme, grab the opportunity and become part of their cleantech community! The deadline is the 6th of March 2023.
The Grantham Institute – Climate Change and Environment is one of the five global institutes at Imperial College London and on of the three Grantham sponsored centres in the UK. It was also a founding partner of Climate-KIC, Climate-KIC Accelerator, Climate Launchpad, The Journey and other initiatives at the Grantham Institute.
What are they looking for?
- Teams who are passionate about climate change, working on something innovative, looking to learn, and 100% committed to achieving their vision.
- Teams with a concrete idea with a potential for significant climate impact ad commercial growth.
- Startups must be a legal entity registered in London not normally more than 12 months old (or register as a UK entity immediately upon selection).
What’s the catch for you?
- Up to £20,000 equity-free grant funding.
- Direct 1-on-1 coaching support with the experienced Greenhouse team
- Masterclasses and workshops
- Talks from relevant stakeholders, including alumni, investors, and others
- Structured mentorship programme
- An opportunity to present your idea to prominent investors in the climate innovation ecosystem
- Office space in the heart of London
- Membership to an increasingly active alumni community.
Teams will be assessed on the basis of their application forms and submitted pitch decks, and scored against the following criteria and quality of application:
- Climate impact / relevance
- Strength and uniqueness of innovation / IP
- Potential to scale / Likelihood of market success
- Team capability
- Overall suitability for The Greenhouse
Instead of a formal interview process, selection will take place through a bootcamp, a 2-day event focused on your business model, getting to know your founder team and presenting to the other shortlisted startups for peer feedback. Following completion of the bootcamp, the final selection of up to 15 startups for The Greenhouse would be made.