18 Aug Heathrow to Host Next Business Summit in November
The 25th edition of the Heathrow Summit will be held on Thursday, 16th November 2023 at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow. As Heathrow marks their 25th anniversary, this event will provide the opportunity to promote economic growth in the local community for SMEs, suppliers, and Heathrow strategic partners.
This year’s Business Summit will highlight ways in which SMEs can help Heathrow continue to grow sustainably. With speeches from Heathrow’s senior representatives and suppliers showcasing procurement prospects, the Summit is a unique opportunity for local SMEs to find out how they can work with the airport’s suppliers.
The London West Innovation Network had worked with Heathrow to call for expressions of interest from local SMEs to showcase and exhibit at their Summit.
The theme and the core aim for this year’s summit is “Let’s Do Business” providing the chance for attendees to get to know more about Heathrow procurement, their Tier 1 suppliers and the potential journey for SMEs when seeking new business opportunities. This will enable SMEs to:
- have tangible opportunities over the next 12-18 months to work with Heathrow and its supply chain
- engage with Heathrow tier one suppliers (e.g. Costain, Fujitsu, Atkins and Mitie etc)
- share information on products and services with attendees directly on exhibition stands.
The Business Exhibition as part of the summit which will give SMEs and larger companies the opportunity to showcase their products and services to a wide audience. Whilst the summit will be free to attend, exhibition spaces are limited.
Heathrow is particularly keen on learning about solutions and services around the following areas:
- Civils engineering works on street – Civil engineering work provider for works on streets and parking areas.
- Lifts & Escalators qualified engineers
- Security checkpoint system
- Hold Baggage Xray solutions
- Specialised ramp equipment to support assistance passengers e.g. Hi-lifts
- Roofing contractor (airside)
- UPS maintenance contractor (airside)
- Information technology products and services
- Cable infrastructure installation and procurement e.g. Fibre Optics, Networking
- Ground Investigation Subcontractors
- Material Testing Subcontractors in Construction
- Parking related innovation – service or infrastructure
- Sustainability in lift and escalator products or services
- MRF – mobile recycling facilities allowing the segregation and sale of items currently going to landfill.
- CAFM (Computer Assisted Facility Management) system – new or retrofit
- Off-site manufacturing and construction solution (airside)
- Low carbon concrete solutions – products or services
- Operational vehicle dispatching software packages
- Other carbon & sustainability initiatives
The event will represented by local stakeholder, experts, and senior Heathrow will join to discuss the partnership and procurement opportunities for Heathrow and the wider region. Some of the speakers include Andrew Dakers, CEO of West London Business and co-chair of LWIN, Becky Coffin, Communities and Sustainability Director and Alan Rides, CEO of West London Chambers.
There will also be additional opportunities at the Summit as Heathrow and suppliers will be holding a series of Lift Off panels (a dragon’s den type of pitch) at the event. More details on these will follow. See https://londonwestinnovation.global/heathrow-portal/ for more information.
Read more and register here.